Software Engineer - Oracle Protection
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
About Team & About Role:
You will be part of a dynamic team working on to build products to protect Rubrik customers’ Oracle database deployments in data centers and in the cloud. We make it easier for customers to protect their databases and faster to recover from unforeseen events.Oracle is one of the fast growing businesses for Rubrik. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work.
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Full stack ownership including design, implementation, and testing of new features which protect customers’ Oracle databases in data centers and in the cloud.
- Troubleshooting issues experienced by customers and internal product testing, and providing robust solutions.
- You will be collaborating with different teams including non-engineering teams such as support, product management, and sales team.
- Data driven approach for analyzing field and internal issues, while developing a scalable and maintainable product.
- Nurturing team culture, which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration.
You are passionate about working with complex distributed systems that serve business and enterprise customers:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-2 years of product development experience
- Able to identify scalable and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Strong interest and ability to learn new technologies
- Proficiency in Scala, C/C++, Java
- Large distributed systems design and development experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle is a bonus
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.