About Team & About Role:
We are seeking to hire an experienced full stack software developer to participate in rapid application prototype development as part of the innovative IT enterprise architecture team followed by full life cycle development of custom products that may be consumed by Rubrik internal and external users.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development framework(s) and third-party libraries to produce scalable software solutions. You are a team player with a knack for effective UI and user experience designs. You will manage the full life cycle of custom development projects from conception to the final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. To be successful in this role, you will need strong knowledge of programming languages, software development life cycle, and Agile methodologies.
This is a full-time position located at Rubrik, Bengaluru, India.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with IT enterprise architecture team, and idea submitters to develop, test, and implement intuitive software prototype solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design principles
- Use of cloud native architecture(s) for design and development of custom applications
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Test, maintain, and recommend software improvements to ensure responsiveness, efficiency, strong functionality, and optimization
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software, provide comprehensive support, achieve resolution to outstanding problems and issues
- Create security and data protection settings
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate technical documentation and or reports as requested
- Communication with management, technical support colleagues, and internal customers to gather requirements, conduct demos, communicate status, troubleshoot problems, and train users as needed.
- 5+ experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Expertise in building highly available production services, including deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling.
- Strong Experience developing a variety of desktop, web, or mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks and mobile application development frameworks (e.g. MERN, React, React Native, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational databases or NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Ideally also has experience with Azure, AWS, .NET API development
- Have desire to work in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment requiring iterations to achieve clarity
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail, an analytical mind, and organizational skills
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing and operations.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Help the world share their story