Senior Platform Security Product Manager
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
Senior Platform Security Product Manager
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in the Bangalore and Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company. Named one of LinkedIn Top companies three years in a row.
About the Role:
The Platform Security Product Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Rubrik base product platforms are secured from corruption and data loss due to cyber-attacks. Our product stands on a foundation of “Zero Trust Data Management”, as a platform security product manager you will drive the platform security roadmap by harnessing customer insights and competitor/industry data to align that Zero Trust strategy. This role focuses on identifying gaps, new features, and enhancements that drive security standards and best practices into the platform. Cyber Security is highly strategic for Rubrik and our next chapter of hypergrowth and the Security Product is key to our success.
- Contribute to the security vision and strategy
- Share responsibility for platform security features and roadmap
- Partner with internal cross-functional stakeholders: Engineering, User Experience, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Support and professional services in product planning and execution
- Partner with external stakeholders: Customers and ecosystem partners for new product introduction, evangelization as well as feedback & reviews
- Be data-driven to define product success metrics and KPIs - near term, medium-term and track them on an ongoing basis.
- 5-7 years Enterprise IT Cybersecurity experience in these domains:
- Zero Trust Security Principles
- Authentication and authorization
- Encryption (SSL/TLS, Certificate and Key Management)
- Network Security
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Linux OS operation and security hardening best practices
- Product Management
- Define feature scope, capabilities, requirements, KPIs and goals
- experience building security products and great user experiences
- Working knowledge of common cybersecurity regulations and certifications
- Bachelor's degree, cyber security certifications, or commensurate experience
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
The best bed for better sleep