Staff Software Engineer- Security Products
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
About Team & About Role:
You will be part of a dynamic team working on some of the most challenging problems in building large-scale systems. This team is at the forefront of Rubrik’s vision and strategy of becoming a data security company.
You will be building systems that can reliably handle petabytes of data while still providing a high uptime. There are opportunities to work on the full stack, spanning from frontend, API, backend, and from on-premium software and cloud services, a perfect match if you want to learn one of those areas while you hold expertise in another.
About the job:
- You will be a technical lead of a full stack team of talented engineers working on UI, API and backend using React, Go, Scala, C++ and Google Cloud Platform.
- You will provide thought leadership, set agenda, identity problems, build consensus, initiate projects and lead the execution from start to finish.
- You will have a good balance of technical leadership and individual contributions.
- You will mentor, coach and grow junior engineers..
- You will proactively improve engineering policy, practices and processes to boost team’s productivity and happiness.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, C/C++, Python, Scala, or Go.
- 3+ years of proven technical leadership experience in building large-scale systems, full stack experiences preferred.
- Proven track record of operating and supporting SaaS products.
- Experience in building cloud services hosted on one of GCP/AWS/Azure is preferred.
- Thrive on ambiguity with a proven record of reducing chaos, whether technical or non-technical.
- Passionate about technology and solving difficult problems.
- Passionate about mentoring, coaching and growing junior engineers.
- Obsessed with building quality products solving customers’ problems.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.