Software Engineer - Jarvis, Data Platform
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Bringing Speed and Scale to the Enterprise
About Team & About Role:
Jarvis is the observability team at Rubrik. Our mission is to build a highly-scalable and reliable observability platform that delivers meaningful insights across the company. Teams served include engineering, product management, support and marketing.
To address challenges of huge year over year growth, the team is constantly re-imagining our observability platform. Because of the critical nature of observability data, availability around the clock is our foremost priority. Some recent projects include:
- World class telemetry infrastructure handling billions of time-series data points & log messages. This data powers proactive alerting - we detect a large fraction of issues before our customers notice them.
- Massive data pipelines that process batch uploads from Rubrik deployments around the globe. This data is used for providing value added services like capacity planning.
As an engineer on the Observability (Jarvis) team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing cutting-edge solutions for processing incoming metrics, logs & traces at massive scale
- Developing solutions to analyze telemetry data at scale - this includes detection of anomalies using machine learning
- Working closely with Support organization to develop tools that help Rubrik provide world-class support experience to customers
- Nurturing team culture which sets high standards and achieves them through collaboration
Rubrik Software Engineers are self-starters, driven, and can manage themselves. We believe in giving engineers responsibility, not tasks. Our goal is to motivate and challenge people to do their best work. Bottom line, if you have a limitless drive and like to win, we want to talk to you - come make history!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, C/C++, Scala, Python
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: data mining, machine learning, recommendation systems or, artificial intelligence
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Azure or other public cloud technologies is a plus
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Rubrik is a cloud data management platform. They manage data and computing systems for large companies with operations spanning multiple compute clouds. Their goal is giving complex enterprise systems the simple interface of a consumer application.
Want to learn more about Rubrik? Visit Rubrik's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineer II - Customer Experience Foundational
Qualtrics, Seattle, Washington, United States