THE ROLE: We’re looking for…
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for the total vision for the Creative direction of Rue’s imagery and how it connects back to the Rue brand. This person will report into our SVP of Creative with the goal of managing studio production from strategy to execution. This position also has total management responsibility for an incredibly talented creative team.
What you’ll accomplish…You will;
- Total vision for the creative direction of the owned business category and how it connects back to the Rue brand
- Responsibility for total production of creative, holding all staff to high production and visual standards
- Anticipate and articulate creative needs of business partners
- Partnering with copy lead, assess copy for on-brand voice and effective messaging
- Plan, manage, and execute all owned category photography assets
- Provide feedback to design team ensuring on-brand and on-direction design and photography
- Partnering with the Creative team to define the monthly creative direction and concept to execute high-level campaigns
- Model solutional behavior with business partners and creative leaders
- Stay current with design trends in order to keep the Rue La La creative team inspired
THE RIGHT FIT: You have…
- 8 years minimum design and art direction experience with an incredible portfolio of work
- 3-5 years of management with a strong track record of hiring, developing and retaining great people.
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite
- Thorough imaging experience with a proficiency in typography
- Typography proficiency
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to work in a highly visible role as a member of the senior leadership team at Rue
- The chance to have a significant impact on Rue’s brand and imagery
- A great team environment that focuses on professional growth and development
- A company with an entrepreneurial culture that wants to continue to break new ground
Rue La La has created an indisputable new and huge white space for online commerce.
Based on a flash sale concept highlighting 2,000+ premium brands, Rue has successfully brought together three formerly disparate elements––merchandising, marketing and technology––in a completely novel way, catapulting growth to 15+ million members. Coupled with extraordinary leadership, a values-based culture, and a drive to be the innovator in all respects, from marketing techniques to online boutique themes to using our platform as a means for change in addition to commerce, Rue has emerged as the leading force in the premium/luxury component of the market.
And we are still just beginning.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit https://www.ruelala.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Domain Experts
Product Content Strategist
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Social Media Intern - Milwaukee
Yelp, Milwaukee, WI
Originals Creative Producer (Anime)
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Sr. Social Media Strategist
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Domain Expert, New Grad
Dataminr, New York, NY