Director, Strategic Brand Marketing & Communications
Fashion brands at member's only prices
THE ROLE: We’re looking for…
A Director of Strategic Brand Marketing and Communications to set the vision, define strategy and drive execution of our Brand Marketing initiatives and communications. The role reports to our SVP of Marketing and the right person with oversee key brand marketing initiatives including, partnership marketing, public relations, consumer events, influencer programs and brand marketing materials.
What you’ll accomplish…You will
- Set the vision and define the strategy for marketing communications to increase brand awareness and grow site traffic.
- Execute innovative brand marketing and PR campaigns, including consumer initiatives, partnerships, sponsorships, endorsements, events, and brand activations.
- Lead all media relations and corporate communications with an eye towards developing long term, authentic media relationships that deepen Rue La La’s connections with the press and consumers.
- Leverage the power of media, entertainment, and pop culture to tell the Rue La La story and inspire consumers while growing brand awareness.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships and influencer programs to enhance brand awareness and increase sales.
- Partner with merchandising, creative and technology teams to optimize ROI, capitalize on trends and effectively execute brand story-telling.
- Provide subject matter expertise, content and input to executive leadership.
THE RIGHT FIT: You have
- A Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in high-profile consumer-oriented marketing, brand management and/or public relations roles
- Experienced in initiating and driving the ideation process from start to finish, contributing meaningful, innovative strategies to the business
- A proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Exceptional communications and presentations skills
- Strong project management and delivery skills
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to work in a highly visible role as a member of the senior leadership team at Rue
- The chance to have a significant impact on Rue’s story, initiatives and successes
- A collaborative and empowering team environment that focuses on professional growth and development
- A company with an entrepreneurial culture that continues to break new ground
Rue La La has created an indisputable new and huge white space for online commerce.
Based on a flash sale concept highlighting 2,000+ premium brands, Rue has successfully brought together three formerly disparate elements––merchandising, marketing and technology––in a completely novel way, catapulting growth to 15+ million members. Coupled with extraordinary leadership, a values-based culture, and a drive to be the innovator in all respects, from marketing techniques to online boutique themes to using our platform as a means for change in addition to commerce, Rue has emerged as the leading force in the premium/luxury component of the market.
And we are still just beginning.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit RueLaLa's website.
Jobs You May Like
SigFig, San Francisco
Director, Product Marketing, Media
Email Marketing Manager
Sun Basket, San Francisco, California
Retail Marketing Coordinator, DACH
Brooks Running, Germany, Munster
Marketing Web Developer (contract-to-hire)
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Marketing Operations Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA