We’re looking for…
A Divisional Merchandise Manager for Men’s & Kids categories are responsible to meet sales and margin goals. You will cultivate and build long-term relationships with key brands while collaborating with internal partners across several functional areas to create compelling, inspirational and robust events. The objective is to consistently surprise and delight our highly engaged member base.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Directly manage the buying team that creates merchandise assortments, manages vendor relationships, negotiates pricing and sets event schedules.
- Strategic business development; evaluating current business, competitive landscape and industry trends to identify key opportunities for growth and formulate actionable plans to achieve.
- Merchandising and buying; coordinating with the RLL merchandise team to properly assort the event and negotiate product orders consistent divisional sales and margin plans and company goals
- Brand acquisition; identifying and securing relevant target brands and products for Rue Living events. This role requires working independently and leveraging contacts as well as past associations, the DBM will present the benefits of a brand partnership with key RLL executives.
- Account management; initiating contact and cultivating relationships to develop long-term relationships, enabling repeat participation in RLL events over extended periods of time. Developing win-win positioning and eliminating barriers to continued business participation.
- Cross-functional collaboration; communicating divisional goals to relevant partners, ensuring support and synergy, coordination of calendar, operations and logistics to achieve successful and profitable event execution
Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative and Marketing, and have the ability to learn from all of these teams
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 + years related experience in retail buying/merchandising
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven management experience/leadership skills
- Ability to set strategy and manage a cross-functional process
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit https://www.ruelala.com/
Jobs You May Like
Employment Brand Manager
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Merchandise Coordinator PM
thredUP, Vernon Hills, IL
Marketing Internship (6 months)
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Executive Assistant - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Digital Account Manager
Time Inc., New York, NY