Rue La La is a new breed of e-commerce marketing partner for world-class brands. A leader in the online private sale space, Rue La La revolutionized online shopping for the world’s most desirable brands and the customers who have to have them. This is the invitation-only destination for a life of style. Where Members delight in discovering private sale Boutiques that open daily – and stay open only for a short time. A community where Members shape the experience – and enhance the excitement – by inviting their friends. A highly effective channel for brands in apparel, accessories, footwear, home, travel, wine, gourmet food, local services and more to meet and exceed business goals.
The company’s mission is to partner with these innovative and sought-after brands (currently over 500 of the best and counting), offering them a powerful online sales and marketing opportunity by introducing them to a highly motivated Member base and enabling them to move merchandise in a private selling environment. And Rue La La does so with one key mantra – it respects and maintains the core integrity of each and every brand with which they partner.
Rue La La is a privately held e-commerce and marketing services company. Headquartered in Boston, Rue La La continues to expand its presence in New York by building out merchandise, marketing and sales capabilities in its Bryant Park office. The company’s success is largely due to unmatched capabilities in customer experience, merchandising, technology, production and logistics. The culture is defined by the 350-plus Associates, who make it happen every day – people who love style, live for innovation, and share a commitment to exceeding Member and brand partner expectations.
Purpose and Scope: Freelance Tabletop Photographer
The Photographer will work closely in studio with our team of stylists, photographing event boutiques for luxury women’s, men’s, and kid’s fashion accessories, and home goods for our website which is key to our business success. This is a great opportunity to work closely with a wonderful group of creative people, to gain experience in editorial photography, studio photography production and to work in a fast paced environment. Efficient workflow management and organization is key to this role. The photographer should have a passion for photography, and a desire to join a strong, team environment. This position reports to the Studio Manager, KY. Principal Responsibilities:
- Light and shoot digital product photography of styled products
- Capture the functionality, features, benefits, and uniqueness of individual products
- Consistently produce digital images that are within established standards, which can quickly be edited and made web-ready
- Photograph products in studio, focusing primarily on tabletop product photography, on figure product photography, and home photography. As well as the potential for location work
- Work with stylist as needed to ensure the product is styled efficiently and correctly
- Ensure a high level of consistent technical quality and aesthetics for all photography created and distributed by the studio
- Maintain the workflow that insures completing the daily production requirements
- Follow procedures for naming, saving, archiving and transmitting photo files
- Manage exceptions to images for timely correction and partner with in-house retouching team
- Partner with creative team to maintain concepts and innovative ideas to exceed expectations and ensure excellence in event boutique production
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of studio
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2 year degree in digital photography
- 2+ years of digital studio experience or equivalent
- Provide portfolio of original work
- Experience with studio flash lighting techniques is required
- Basic knowledge of Capture One, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Mac
- Proven ability to light sets and style (if necessary) consistent with established standards
- Must be self-starter, with a strong sense of teamwork in a fast-paced,high volume,deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organization and communication skills required
- Some lifting may be involved
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit https://www.ruelala.com/
Jobs You May Like
Imaging Manager, Time Inc. Photo Studios
Time Inc., New York, NY
Finnish Language Specialist
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Time Inc., New York, NY
Time Inc., London, United Kingdom
Freelance Writer, NYC
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - NY
Photography Assistant, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL