We’re looking for…
On Call Feature Writer
Trying to determine what an on-site item will look like in person is tough, but it would be even tougher without Rue’s informative product descriptions. That’s where the Features team comes in. They write our product copy, ensuring that when we put something on-site, our Members know exactly what they’re buying.
Rue is looking for an On Call Feature Writer. From slingbacks and satchels to bracelets and rings, our upbeat, edgy team of feature writers provides the look, feel, shape and size for all products sold in our Boutiques. With a dedication to detail, our team strives to create the best customer experience possible at the product level.
What you’ll accomplish…
•Write web-ready product features in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Edit features and titles for syntax, grammar and format.
- Follow and contribute to department style guides.
- Work closely with our merchandising and customer experience teams to provide an accurate and thorough description for all products.
- Assign products to navigational hierarchies, brand identification and establishing web search identifiers.
THE RIGHT FIT:
•BA in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, English or equivalent.
- 1+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience in or a strong interest in fashion, ecommerce and retail.
- Knowledge of brands, fashion and textiles preferred.
- Familiarity with basic programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- A dedication to detail and copyediting.
- Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and with a group, and a willingness to be part of a dynamic team of highly creative professionals.
- Ability to handle last-minute requests and fast turnarounds.
Rue La La combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 15+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit https://www.ruelala.com/
Jobs You May Like
Copy Editor, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
Managing Editor - UK
Staff Editor, Digital Platforms
Time Inc., New York, NY
Content Writer, Healthcare
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Coordinator, Physical Production Unscripted & Talk Shows
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles