This is a rare opportunity to have massive impact. Rue La La is at a key inflection point. Having built a profitable retail business and having established a brand that inspires confidence in 15M users, Rue is now investing substantial resources to leverage technology to put their data to good use. We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer who inspires engineers to build scalable and sophisticated systems that synthesize data from thousands of brands and millions of consumers, to deliver an engaging real-time experience to users on the go. The impact of such technology on the business is enormous.
- Lead future development and architecture for our consumer facing, eCommerce website
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally
- Deliver fast user experience for our desktop and mobile web users, utilizing python, django, backbone elasticsearch, and other cutting edge technologies
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Negotiate with and manage stakeholders across multiple business and technology teams
- Collaborate directly with the company’s CTO and technology leadership
- Mentor and coach technical team members
- Extensive SaaS experience, consumer facing preferred
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Experience with modern objected-oriented development, dynamic language preferred
- Experience leading an Agile/Scrum development team
- A love of learning and teaching
Rue La La partners with world-class brands to create a shopping frenzy that’s the envy of other online retailers. Our unique private flash sale model disrupted ecommerce in 2008 and earned the love of our members for delivering the most sought after lifestyle brands at incredible prices through a great shopping experience and top-notch customer service. Our success is the result of our unmatched skill in brand relationships, customer experience, merchandising, technology and logistics. Our team is comprised of a diverse set of highly successful and driven people that combine fashion with technology, from Turbine, Zynga, Hubspot, TripAdvisor, Carbonite, and Microsoft.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
IT IS UNLAWFUL IN MASSACHUSETTS TO REQUIRE OR ADMINISTER A LIE DETECTOR TEST AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.
Ready for the most memorable experience of your professional career (if we do say so ourselves)? Then join us at Rue La La. Rue burst onto the scene in 2008, disrupting retail with our high-end, flash-sale model. Today, we’re an established company, but we still have that start-up spark. And we use it to find new ways to engage, inspire, and surprise our more than 15 million loyal Members with an unmatched consumer experience. We’re also applying that energy to our next big task: rewriting the rules around e-commerce and content.
Want to learn more about RueLaLa? Visit https://www.ruelala.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Program Manager- QA Applications (Contract)
PlayStation, USA-CA-San Francisco / 258
Software Engineer - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Digital Marketing Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Consulting Team Leader