What you'll work on:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Rylo experience for the Android platform.
- Prototype new features and redesign current ones.
- Work closely with the UI/UX team, applying design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products.
- Maintain a high level performance and quality.
Who we're looking for:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience. It's great if you have also mastered a functional language, or have been exposed to functional programming paradigms.
- 2+ years of building Android applications in Java (or Kotlin) using the Android SDK. If you have published apps on the Play Store let us know!
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- Experience with the NDK/JNI
- Experience on C/C++, video processing, OpenGL is a big plus
- Experience in the following:
- Java language and related frameworks.
- Custom view-level programming on Android.
- Multi-threading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices. How do you perform I/O? How do you persist data? How do you handle an insane number of app/user events happening at the same time?
- Networking APIs and frameworks like Retrofit, OkHTTP
- Last but not least, have the ability to tackle very challenging projects on tight timeframes.
- We’re backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You’ll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: backend, frontend, iOS, Android, desktop, and embedded systems.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do and work hard to do it.
- Since launching in November 2017, we’ve expanded distribution to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving, transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You’ll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the world.
Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to snacks and drinks
Rylo is a powerful little 360° camera powered by innovative software to create larger-than-life, cinematic video. It captures everything around you with breakthrough stabilization technology. When you're done shooting, simply connect Rylo to your smartphone and use the Rylo app to easily edit and create a video you're proud to share.
Want to learn more about Rylo? Visit Rylo's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.