Software Engineer, Computational Photography
Rylo, San Francisco, CA
See jobs at Rylo
What you'll work on:
- Design and implement novel computational photography algorithms.
- Work closely with the hardware team to design new camera products.
- Transfer technology to product groups and see your ideas shipped in product.
Who we're looking for:
- Masters degree and 4 years of experience, or PhD in EE/CS.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of image processing, computer vision, computational photography.
- You should be fluent in C / C++ programming and in a rapid prototyping environment such as MATLAB.
- Parallel programming skills (e.g., CUDA, Halide, OpenCL, Metal) are a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills required.
- We’re backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You’ll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: backend, frontend, iOS, Android, desktop, and embedded systems.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do and work hard to do it.
- Since launching in November 2017, we’ve expanded distribution to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving, transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You’ll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the world.
Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to snacks and drinks
Rylo is a powerful little 360° camera powered by innovative software to create larger-than-life, cinematic video. It captures everything around you with breakthrough stabilization technology. When you're done shooting, simply connect Rylo to your smartphone and use the Rylo app to easily edit and create a video you're proud to share.
Want to learn more about Rylo? Visit Rylo's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.