We're looking for a strategic HR Business Partner to join our dynamic team at Sailthru's lively NYC headquarters! This role reports directly to our VP of People where you'll be a key partner to Sailthru's diverse employee population. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities and projects including the growth of HR programming and tools, as well as developing and delivering new HR initiatives across the organization.
It's an exciting opportunity as you'll play a pivotal role contributing to company-wide initiatives varying across; Performance Management, Leadership Training, Learning and Development Programming, Career Laddering and Compensation Assessment/Benchmarking. Additionally, you will own the delivery, measurement and continuous improvement of these initiatives. While being autonomous, you'll also partner closely with our People Team, specifically with HR Operations and Talent functions, as well as with Sailthru's exceptional executive team.
Most importantly, you'll develop strong, trusted relationships with our employees, spend time coaching managers and individuals on their professional development, and be an integral set of eyes and ears providing actionable feedback and insights while developing innovative ways to holistically improve the employee experience.
- Establish best practices and thought leadership to drive employee engagement, in turn contributing to the professional development and retention of employees.
- Propose and design programs to enable efficient scaling and people development.
- Provide expertise and counsel in areas such as career coaching and development, performance management, rewards and recognition, employee relations, and organizational design.
- Participate in tracking, monitoring, and updating systems to enable accurate reporting on People metrics. Own management of the HRIS, intranet, and/or performance management systems.
- Design, implement and deliver company-wide HR initiatives such as performance management, division-specific career laddering, and leadership training.
- Analyze data from engagement surveys, surface trends, and insights, propose and devise solutions to management that may help to address these issues.
- Partner with HR Ops, Talent, and other key partners to build, implement and improve internal policies and procedures.
- Continually contribute and build upon the employee and management toolkit.
- Partner with the recruitment team to ensure proactive hiring practices and prioritization meet the needs of the business.
What You Bring
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with innate intelligence; you are an independent thinker and can, confidently and constructively, position and advance your ideas.
- Superb communication skills; ability to write clearly and persuasively, speak confidently and present ideas with poise and clarity.
- Professional judgment; you demonstrate discretion and appropriate objectivity in all dealings.
- Grace under pressure; you have the ability to navigate delicate interpersonal situations with sensitivity and equanimity.
- Resilience; you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant and ambiguity is a common byproduct.
- Discipline; you have a tireless work and are vigilant in meeting commitments and expectations.
- A strong sense of urgency; you show a commitment to delivering high quality and high impact work, effectively managing multiple deadlines at a time.
- Commitment to quality; you demonstrate consistent attention-to-detail and are innately results-oriented.
- Credibility and approachability; you are equally compassionate and diplomatic.
- Excellent project management skills; you are highly efficient, have excellent planning skills and are able to organize your work to maximize impact.
- Strong analytical skills; you enjoy translating metrics and data into actionable strategies.
- 3-6 years' in an HR Generalist / HRBP capacity, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment.
- Experience in a lean environment and success with companies known for high standards.
- BA/BS degree from a top tier university required.
- MS/MBA in a competitive (and relevant) program highly preferred.
Sailthru is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sailthru is turning Big Data into Smart Data—so if you’re smart and think big, you might be the perfect fit for this award-winning team. Sailthru is headquartered in New York, but has expanded to San Francisco, Los Angeles, and London. Check out their open positions.
Be a Better Sailthru Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Sailthru when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Sailthru? Visit http://www.sailthru.com
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager, HR Systems & Operations
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
HR Business Partner
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Director of Human Resources
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Technical Recruiter
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Senior Technical Recruiter
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles