Junior Territory Sales Representative - Philadelphia - Up to $65k/y + $40k bonus + Equity
SAM Labs, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Build and program your awesome inventions
SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast, making a difference, and venture capital funded. With over 4,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, SAM Labs is looking for more talent to join its team!
SAM Labs inspires generations of problem solvers with Coding and STEAM. We empower teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to do so. Teachers and students learn with SAM Labs kits and lessons by designing anything from energy efficient lighting grids for ‘smart’ cities to solar-powered habitats for endangered species - all the while meeting curriculum standards.
We are looking for a Junior Territory Representative in Philadelphia to grow our customer base to its full potential while nurturing our existing, and inspiring, clients.
To set you up for success, we have researched and analysed exhaustively which regions, districts, and schools would respond positively to Coding and STEAM. Using a data driven approach, we have also refined a process maximizing your chances of success. Your role will be directly supported by a local team consisting of an Education Consultant and an Inside Sales Representative. The Global team will be supporting your success every step of the way as well.
Driven by passion, data, and collaboration, we’re on a mission to be the leading player in the future of education. As theJunior Territory Representative, you will play a crucial role in our continued growth and success. This role will be remotely based, from your home inside the territory, and covering your designated territory. Given that we have further teams across the USA, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, you will be working in a truly global environment.
At SAM Labs we are optimists. We value creativity, action, hard work, ownership, transparency and fun. If you do too, join us!
- Generate leads by reaching out to, and partnering up with, new/existing local schools and districts
- Pitch and close deals on SAM Labs in person or virtually to new and existing clients with a range of school level roles
- Be able to contribute and to collaborate with your team effectively, for example, involving the Education Consultant when required.
- Manage and optimize the sales process, including activity tracking, pipeline management, and sales forecasting
- Maintain and constantly improve a tidy process of activity metrics logging, sales forecast, reliable pipeline, consistently meeting targets, and reporting adequately
- Nurture and grow existing clients with best-in-class support, training, community events, and presence
- Support and unlock financing opportunities by writing quotes, identifying RFP’s and grants in addition to seeking PTA funding and creative sources.
- Design product and pricing proposals that fit the needs of schools which leverage the SAM Labs offer to maximize value to customers
- Gain customer insights from visiting schools, exhibitions, sales conferences, workshops and launch events contributing to longer term product development
- Share successes with the rest of the sales team to improve our collective performance and share knowledge
- Work closely with the product teams to improve our offering, based on feedback from the market
- Are passionate about the direct K-12 school sales market and are always ready to go the extra mile
- Are driven to achieve impressive quarter on quarter sales growth for a start-up in scale up mode
- Have a clear plan to be soon, within the Philadelphia Education sector
- Have a flexible mindset, a data-driven approach, and thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up
- Are able to be highly strategic, yet also roll up your sleeves and do things out of your own initiative
- Are comfortable acting on data surfaced to you
- Are willing to travel every day across Philadelphia
- Have strong consultative selling ability – critical questioning, listening, analysis, negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Have excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Are able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Are experienced in and/or have a passion for Ed Tech
- Are an even stronger candidate if you have STEM knowledge, Education Technology knowledge, and Education Market knowledge
At SAM Labs we move at high speed and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and ownership. In addition to that we have created the following ‘more tangible’ benefits for you:
- 5days vacation + 4 days personal time + 6 days holiday + 1 day per year up to 20 max
- Sick days in line with statutory requirements
- Personal Development & Training allowance
- 401 K offered and company contribution towards medical, dental and sick leave.
We might request your presence during an Assessment Day in Dallas / Philadelphia / Houston in October/November
About SAM Labs
About us SAM Labs teaches coding, engineering, and DIY through its award-winning technology kits and educational app. Learn complex skills of the future through easy-to-use tech. Tested by nimble hands and curious minds.