Samsara is at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and seeks passionate Sales Engineers to bring our technology to market. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux-based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras as well as an intuitive Dashboard and set of APIs for consuming the sensor data. Our Field Sales Engineers work in-region alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs)
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Minimum 4+ years customer facing pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
Candidates should be located within or near a major city in the TOLA region (Houston, Oklahoma City, etc).
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Product
Justworks, New York, NY
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Logistics
Tapingo, Tel Aviv
Senior Test Engineer (Manual + Automation)
EnerNOC, IN - Mumbai
Senior Software Test Engineer (REF15107J) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA