Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Supply Chain Materials Manager interested in scaling operations at a rapidly growing IoT startup. The role requires a passion for fast-paced operations, process implementation and negotiations. This opportunity involves direct management of external vendor relationships, NPI program readiness and raw materials accountability. Candidates must have the desire to impact company growth in an environment with rapidly changing information.
- Daily management of raw materials delivery at joint development manufacturers
- Bill of materials (BOM) cost, ordering and change tracking
- Material readiness date (MRD) reporting and optimization
- Ground up modeling of clear to build (CTB) information
- Relationship management with joint development manufacturers and raw materials suppliers
- Lead-time optimization for all materials
- Coordination with Samsara Taiwan team for data collection and reporting
- Proactive coordination between suppliers and internal NPI/supply chain teams
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) using tools such as Netsuite and Propel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in engineering, business or operations
- Detail-oriented, high-energy, positive disposition and excellent communications skills
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration
- 2+ years experience in supply chain, logistics or materials management
- Intermediate Excel skills
- ERP (Oracle/Netsuite) experience preferred
- Chinese language proficiency
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part-time Operations Team Member - Providence, RI
Cic, Providence, RI
Senior Process Engineer
Rigetti Computing, Fremont, CA
Case Management Associate - Property & Casualty
PolicyGenius, New York
Data Analyst - Customer Solutions
Qualtrics, Seattle, WA
Blink Health, New York, NY
Director, Medical Management Operations
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA