Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and seeks passionate Sales Engineers to bring our technology to market. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux-based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras as well as an intuitive Dashboard and set of APIs for consuming the sensor data. Our Field Sales Engineers work in-region alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers.
The Field Sales Engineers will work on:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs)
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum 4+ years customer facing pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
*Candidates should be located within or near a major city in the Upper Mid-West (Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis and Detroit).
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer, Identity - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL; Seattle, WA; Toronto, ON