Samsara is a leading enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) platform that brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water. We are looking for a Senior Communication Designer to help tell the Samsara story across different mediums.
Communications Design at Samsara is responsible for helping prospective customers learn about our products, understand our vision, and develop trust and affinity for our brand. You'll touch all of our digital user-facing communications, including our website, product tours, videos, advertising, and creative campaigns. You'll also see your work in physical mediums, from our product packaging to printed brochures, collateral, and trade show exhibitions. We are open to candidates ranging from Mid-Level to Senior in experience.
What You’ll Do
- Work in multiple disciplines including print, digital, and environmental
- Collaborate with the marketing and events teams to take projects from concept to production
- Manage scheduling and coordination of projects
- Present design solutions to stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Mentor junior staff
- Reports to Creative Director
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch, and Invision
- Knowledge of html/css
- Experience with detailed file handoffs to print vendors and web developers
- A gifted storyteller who can balance design and aesthetics with business goals
- A willing collaborator who is comfortable in either lead or contributor roles
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys a wide variety of projects
- Video/animation experience
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.