Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is a leading enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) platform that brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water. We are looking for a Senior Digital Designer to help tell the Samsara story across the web.
As a Senior Digital Designer at Samsara you will be responsible for upleveling our digital, user-facing communications including designing new web pages, evolving our web design systems and styles, creating digital assets (illustrations, icons, and animations) and improving the mobile experience of Samsara.com. Portfolios without urls of past work will not be considered.
The Senior Digital Designer will:
- Be an expert in the digital space with a focus on web design
- Collaborate with the marketing and events teams to take projects from concept to production
- Present design solutions to stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Mentor junior designers on best practices in web design and design systems.
- Reports to Creative Director
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch, and Invision
- Experience leading medium to large web projects from end to end
- Experience with detailed file handoffs to web developers
- A gifted storyteller who can balance design and aesthetics with business goals
- A willing collaborator who is comfortable in either lead or contributor roles
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoys a wide variety of projects
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Creative Director, Brand
DraftKings, Boston, MA