Inside Sales Manager, Senior & Strategic Account Executives
Samsara, San Francisco
See jobs at Samsara
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is seeking Inside Sales Managers to join our passionate, high energy, and fast moving sales team. You’ll lead and support our Senior and Strategic Account Executives focusing on mid-sized and enterprise businesses. You will have a consistent track record of ability to hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ location.
In this role you will:
- Coach a team of ~8 account executives on sales strategy, pipeline reviews and achieve quarterly targets
- Hire new account executives and provide both onboarding and ongoing coaching to ensure their growth and success
- Work cross-functionally to strategically solve problems and project manage
- Create content for ongoing training and development
- Support account executives through professional development plans
- Provide clear and tactical feedback to account executives
- Further culture within the team and commercial organization with high emotional intelligence
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years sales experience, with proven performance owning a complex selling motion from prospecting through close
- 2-3+ years experience managing a team
- Strong track record of overachievement with experience in coaching a team on outbounding
- Understanding of complex sales cycles involving multiple decision makers, multiple products, and extended time-frames
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills
- Self-starter and adaptable to change
- Continued growth mindset to learn a unique industry
- Proficient in data driven decision making
- Ability to provide upwards feedback
- Familiarity with SFDC
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.