Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of customers. In a typical day, you may go from helping a customer figure out the right way to connect to the on-board computer of a Freightliner truck to using sensor data to automate traditional pen-and-paper operations.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
The Customer Support Engineer will work on:
- Maintaining a support ticket queue and responding to customers in a helpful and timely manner
- Creating and maintaining customer-facing knowledge base articles
- Working closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- A College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience in technical support
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
- Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
- Spanish/Bilingual Preferred
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Knotel, Knotel Los Angeles