Are you a talented software engineer that is excited to learn about business and contribute to the growth of an innovative IoT startup? We’re looking for a Growth Engineer who can help us build business-critical software that drives customer acquisition, accelerates top-of-funnel conversion and enables our Sales and Marketing teams to scale.
As Growth Engineers we ask questions like “what can we build to improve gross margins?” and “how can we use data to understand and optimize lead acquisition?” We then build, test and measure the impact of the experiments we run. We appreciate software engineers who are quick to pick up new frameworks/tools and are thoughtful about building quickly while being mindful of technical debt. The software we build has a direct impact on both revenue and our bottom line.
Examples of day-to-day responsibilities:
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive revenue, customer growth, retention, and/or engagement
- Build internal solutions that automate business processes using any combination of custom frontends, Cloud applications, backend services, scripts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales operations teams to implement growth initiatives
- Lead engineering discussions and write thoughtful documentation and unit tests
- 2+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering or application services role
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and testing frameworks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to partner with different parts of the organization to identify and solve major business problems
- Desire to learn about the business side of a startup (prior growth engineering experience is a plus but not required)
- B.S., M.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related technical experience.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.