Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
Samsara’s Hardware New Product Introduction Manager (“HW NPI”) is responsible for driving Samsara’s 3rd party manufacturing partners to ramp high-quality, well-validated new products. The HW NPI manager will manage key new product planning and operations for engineering and pre-production builds from prototype through production, across Samsara’s portfolio of Industrial IoT products.
- Drive Samsara engineering and pre-production builds from a technical, operational and materials-management perspective
- Adeptly manage Samsara’s JDMs to deliver high-quality new products and key materials on time
- Establish new product quality control standards and process controls with Samsara engineer(s), ensure strong implementation and ongoing execution by CM manufacturing partners
- Support reliability engineering validation process with Samsara engineers & manufacturers
- Collaborate with CMs and Samsara engineers to developing and implement manufacturing process & testing flow, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans
- Communicate project readiness, track major risks & corrective actions, and creatively problem solve issues that arrive during builds & production ramp
- Collaborate with engineering on key component selection
- Negotiate and communicate product cost(s) with key internal stakeholders
- Develop robust processes for analyzing field failures and implementing corrective actions with engineering or factory process team(s)
- 3+ years experience in hardware engineering or operations program management - proven ability to effectively manage factory build events and vendors
- Proven track record of effective 3rd party (JDM) communication and oversight
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail & ability to manage detailed build planning
- Self motivated, proactive, creative and critical problem solving capabilities
- Ability to support international travel for build events
BS or MS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. MBA a plus.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Change.org, Victoria, BC, Canada
Scribd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Summer Intern 2018, Gameplay Programmer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Staff Electrical Engineer, Power Electronics
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Application Security Engineer
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote