Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Manager of Technical Support to help support Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution.
Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our Support Team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of customers. The Manager of Technical Support will be responsible for guiding the team through daily case management activities, keeping up with new product introductions and ongoing training, and maintaining a high level of service for Samsara’s customers.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has spent 3-5 years in a technical support organization or related field, and understands the day-to-day aspects of customer support - managing tickets, building a knowledge base, and providing feedback to engineering. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point for interactions with customers, development teams, and sales teams, and be able to manage projects through to completion.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Rasberrry Pis to home automation, modding their cars, building gaming computers, and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our office in the Potrero Hill district of San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support Team while ensuring the team meets established SLA’s
- Producing reporting that demonstrates team effectiveness to Engineering, PM, and Leadership teams
- Explore, implement, and integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Successfully manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the team
- Managing interactions between Support and Development pertaining customer issues/feedback
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support or equivalent
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Assistant Showroom Manager - Southlake Town Square
Peloton, Southlake, Texas
Service Team Member
sweetgreen, Manhattan, NY
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Floor Leader - Willowbrook Mall
Lush Cosmetics, Houston, Texas, United States
Assistant Store Manager - Sloane Square
rag & bone, London, UK
Store Manager - Briarwood
Lush Cosmetics, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States