Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious IT Specialist to help create and support Samsara's cloud-first IT strategy, enabling rapid company growth. A typical day may include new site planning, network bring-up/troubleshooting, managing vendors, evaluating new products, responding to internal requests for support, or developing automation to enable us to work better.
Our technical team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on home automation, modding and racing their cars, building gaming computers, and automotive applications for wireless technologies. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position at our office in San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental, vision benefits.
An IT Specialist may work on:
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Provisioning and managing ISP circuits/connectivity for multiple sites, including new site bring-up
- Designing and implementing corporate network connectivity, including configuration of networking equipment (security, routing, switching, wireless)
- Configuring and managing cloud-based telephone system, including call routing, IVR management, system integration with CRM, and end-user handsets/softphones.
- Performing security audits in all areas of corporate connectivity
- Managing typical office endpoints like printers, laptops, Apple TV’s, A/V equipment, security cameras, etc.
- Maintaining a ticket queue and respond to requests in a helpful and timely way
- Documenting IT policies and procedures
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
An ideal candidate has:
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience in IT
- Strong spoken and written language skills
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.