Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s Industrial team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers across industries including manufacturing, food and beverage, energy, and utilities. We are building easy to manage, easy to deploy, massively scalable, internet-connected sensors to create real business outcomes for our customers: reduced maintenance costs, less downtime, increased efficiency, higher throughput, and better customer service.
Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most important problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact across different aspects of the business. The Industrial team is small, moves fast, and will require you to wear many hats across product, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations.
A Director, Product Management - Industrial will work on:
- Partnering closely with the Sales team to identify early adopters, navigate opportunities for early stage products, and close strategic customer accounts
- Gathering customer feedback from operational audiences of all kinds – from SCADA engineers to plant managers -- to understand needs and prioritize feature development
- Gaining a deep understanding of the competitive space, and opportunities for differentiation
- Defining metrics to track and optimize customer onboarding experience
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
- Launching new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.