Samsara is seeking an experienced Web App Security Engineer to join our San Francisco-based security team. The Samsara security team's goal is to continually improve the security of Samsara's products and its customers. The Security Engineer role combines research, analysis, prevention, detection, and forensics. From building safer and more secure systems to detecting advanced (APT) attackers, the role requires constant adaptation as new challenges surface.
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to internal security engineering questions/requests.
- Work with other teams to help architect solutions that are inherently secure.
- Carefully balance security risk and product advancement.
- Respond to security and privacy incidents, write incident reports, and participate in post-mortems.
- Perform penetration testing on our internal and external applications.
- Integrate customer security requirements into product and system design.
- Improve system design and implementation to reduce threats.
- Operate external bug bounty programs to source vulnerability information.
- Threat modeling
- Work with teams within Samsara to discover and implement new detection capabilities and logging sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with security of two or more operating systems (e.g. Android, Linux, macOS, Windows).
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals in at least one general purpose languages.
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate across engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to ship production-quality software in a dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding of how the web works.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Tapad, New York
Accion Systems, Boston (Charlestown)
Medior Front-End Engineer
Lightspeed, Ghent, BE
IBM Solutions Architect
Box, New York, NY
Software Engineering Intern
Thumbtack, San Francisco
(Senior) Software Engineer - Messaging iOS SDK
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia