Samsara Networks is looking for an experienced SRE Engineer to join our San Francisco team. In this role, you will tackle a mix of challenges including maintaining and improving the reliability of the systems and services the company provides as well as extending and ensuring the continued functionality of our developer operations services.
Site reliability at Samsara includes keeping our entire production system functioning at peak efficiency with little to no downtime, while that system simultaneously undergoes multiple automated production updates every day. You'll be responsible for ensuring that the developer team has high-quality data representing the health of the multiple components in the system as well ensuring the entire team has the ability to rapidly deploy new features and stability improvements at any time, day or night.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Samsara's services.
- Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 1-2+ years professional experience in an Engineering, Engineering Operations, or SRE role.
- Moderate background in Linux system administration.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services serving production web traffic.
- Expert background in Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Excellent system-level thinking and the ability to move up and down the stack.
- Experience with a variety of developer operations tools (eg. Jenkins, Calabash).
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.