Samsara Networks is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Reliability team. In this role, you will be responsible for building a world-class developer experience, as well as providing all of the infrastructure and tools product teams need to build highly reliable services. As our product matures, Reliability Engineers will be critical in helping our services and engineering teams scale.
- A toolset for teams to load test their services
- Circuit breaker middleware that's used by every service to handle dependency failures
- Building a high throughput data pipeline for log data
- Breakup our monolithic services into isolated microservices
- Perform disaster recovery tests with product and infrastructure teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years professional experience in a Software Engineering role.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.