Samsara is looking for a curious and motivated IT Manager who’s excited to help us scale our IT Operations to support a rapidly growing user base of 1000 employees.
Your primary responsibility will be to enhance, optimize, and ensure that our IT systems and operations provide Samsara with a secure, performant, and scalable platform; enabling our employees to do their absolute best work. This includes coaching and developing our IT team as well as organizing operations, engineering systems, and building processes to provide the best customer experiences, build amazing work spaces, and secure Samsara’s information assets.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill and includes company stock; up to 4% 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; commuter benefits; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- IT Systems - Own and optimize the tools and systems that power Samsara. Examples include Cisco Meraki, Okta, Zoom, Zendesk, and RingCentral
- Technical support - Optimize the employee support experience. Work with the team to establish best practices and build processes to ensure execution
- Operational Analytics - Build reporting and dashboards to measure team effectiveness
- Security and Compliance - Develop and implement security policies. Track and manage compliance activities
- Team Management - Hire and develop our global IT Team
- 4+ years in an IT engineering, infrastructure operations, or systems architecture role
- Experience successfully managing people and projects
- Expertise in networking, infrastructure management, information security patterns, integrating systems, operating and consuming cloud applications
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Positive, tenacious attitude while delivering on complex and challenging projects
- BA / BS with a technical degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Bonus points: experience in fast growing organizations with over 1000 employees
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Marketing Manager
Peloton, Raleigh Warehouse
Sales Supervisor, Boca Town Center
Warby Parker, Boca Raton, FL
Imperfect Produce, St. Louis, MO
Customer Success Manager
Decibel Insight, Boston
Customer Success Operations Manager
Drift, Boston, MA