Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact on bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers. We are hiring for various experience levels.
An electrical engineer at Samsara owns a project from concept through production. Some key responsibilities include:
- Research: Stay abreast of the latest silicon possibilities from all the top semiconductor companies.
- Architect: Evaluate system feature tradeoffs and create the system specifications for development with FW, and the product design teams.
- Prototype: Assemble EVKs, board hacks, or quick-turn fabrication for evaluating concepts or jump-starting firmware development.
- Design: Take a concept from block diagram to schematics and though layout; either on your own or navigate the process with JDM resources.
- Test: Create a validation plan for each phase of the product development through PVT and characterize the full electrical system for function, power, and use-cases.
- Manage: We partner with top JDM companies to design, validate, certify and manufacture quality products
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in product development (commercial or consumer)
- Solid fundamentals in digital and analog circuit and system design
- Experience with battery-powered devices and wireless is preferred
- Strong schematic capture and system debug experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer - Barcelona
Mixpanel, Barcelona, Spain
Sr. Software Engineer, Search & Discovery
Branch Metrics, Seattle
Senior Software Engineer - .Net Core 2.2
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Software Engineer, Back-End Growth
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Content Understanding
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA
IT Services Analyst
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA