Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
An electrical engineer at Samsara owns a project from concept through production. Some key responsibilities include:
- Research: Stay abreast of the latest silicon possibilities from all the top semiconductor companies.
- Architect: Evaluate system feature tradeoffs and create the system specifications for development
- Build: Prototype with EVKs, board hacks, or quick-turn fabrication for testing concepts or jump starting firmware development
- Manage: We partner with top JDM companies to design/validate, certify, and manufacture quality products
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Solid fundamentals in digital and analog circuit design
- Experience with battery powered devices and wireless is preferred
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.