Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. Your team may work on backend log-processing and data analytics systems, as well as building out new user interfaces for both web and mobile platforms. Your team will take on engineering challenges ranging from aggregating data from thousands of sensors to presenting the data in intuitive ways that provide actionable insights for our customers’ operations.
An Engineering Manager will work on:
- Conducting regular 1-1s and giving performance evaluations
- Working with Product Management to prioritize feature development
- Building roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
- Performing code reviews and ensuring proper design and delivery of major features
- Promoting best practices and establishing team processes
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Identifying infrastructure and architectural investment needs
- Coaching & mentoring software engineers
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
- And still coding on occasion to keep your sanity
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
An ideal candidate has:
- Understands the value of team culture, communication, and teamwork
- Has demonstrated experience delivering software, leading teams, and managing engineers
- Has excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
- Enjoys understanding users and what makes their day to day easier
- Loves shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.