Samsara is a fast-growing Internet of Things (IoT) company that brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water. We are seeking an energetic, highly organized, and entrepreneurial individual to drive our Events program -- to help us increase brand awareness, generate high quality leads, and enhance company culture through live events. You will have hands-on experience planning and executing events end-to-end, and will demonstrate a passion and flair for creating memorable high-impact experiences.
- Lead a large-scale national events program: Plan and execute Samsara’s presence at conferences/trade-shows end-to-end, including selecting events aligned to company strategy; executing contracts and handling the budget; organizing give-aways and creative production; communicating with staff and attendees; attending events and handling set-up and take-down; implementing pre- and post-event outreach; ensuring streamlined event operations and follow-up; and maintaining on-brand execution.
- Create new event programs: Initiate, test, and evaluate other types of events to build brand awareness and generate leads (road shows, executive summits, small-group trainings, etc.)
- Evaluate impact: Track and analyze metrics to evaluate event success
- Promote positive team culture: Develop, plan and run internal events such as sales incentive programs, internal training and education programs, and company gatherings
- 3-5 years of work experience, ideally with hands-on experience in event program management/logistics and success in managing external vendors and suppliers (hotels, catering, freight)
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- 30-40% travel required for trade shows and other live events
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and marketing automation software a plus
- Experience in B2B technology environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Growth Marketing Manager, Pakistan
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Regional Marketing Manager - ANZ
Cherwell Software, Sydney, Australia
Head of Driver Engagement
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Event Marketing Lead
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Social Media Manager
Robinhood, Palo Alto
Director of Customer Acquisition