Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The Hardware Technician will be responsible for completing testing, troubleshooting, performing experiments, along with data collection and analysis. In addition, diagnosis and troubleshooting in response to failures and nonconformance.
In this role, you will:
- Perform incoming quality checks on production material
- Evaluate test and field data to ensure product quality
- Organize and test customer-returned hardware, using Samsara’s online dashboards to determine product health and failure analysis Record test results and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Root-cause basic EE field failure using power supply, scope, multimeter, soldering iron and basic bench equipment
- With the help of EE team, prototype electrical mock up using various devices and/or development kits to enable EE and FW developments
- Coordinate hardware shipment to Samsara engineers and key partners
- Set up testbeds for long-term product testing
- Follow written instructions to use test jigs to retrieve firmware logs from device hardware
- Interface with engineers on tests, experiments and validation testing of new products using test methodology and drafting procedures
- Assemble and/or rework prototype assemblies and wire harnesses. (Soldering, crimping etc.)
- Maintain the lab space and keep equipment operational and orderly
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate can:
- Read and understand procedures and wiring schematics
- Use a variety of testing and measuring and optical instruments (multimeter, microscope, thermal chamber)
- Demonstrate basic small component soldering skills
- Demonstrate detail oriented documentation skills (writing procedures/ documenting test results)
An ideal candidate also has:
- AS Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or other formal training preferred (trade schools, military technical schools etc.)
- Python/SQL/Command Line Programming skills are a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
File hosting service