Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
Samsara’s Manufacturing Quality Engineer will guide Samsara’s manufacturing and testing methods throughout the supply chain, starting from development phases and throughout production. This is not your typical SQE or PE role since we believe DFx is part of design and as such, this engineer is an integral part of the hardware engineering and NPI team.
- Manage Samsara’s suppliers and CM/JDM manufacturers to six-sigma quality standards
- Support reliability testing during development
- Conduct field failure analysis
- Troubleshoot and drive resolution of quality issues
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, quality control and project management
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (statistical, DOEs, inspection, etc.)
- Familiarity with SMT, wireless testing, battery technologies, custom mechanicals manufacturing, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing practices are a plus
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.