Samsara’s customers operate commercial fleets and industrial warehouses, which form the backbone of the nation’s economy. Our suite of IoT products help our customers transport food, medicine, and other goods safely across the country, monitor deliveries for unsafe conditions, and help fleet managers improve the efficiency of their operations. Our technology is in use in a majority of US states and spans multiple industries; Samsara is used for municipal operations such as water purification and garbage collection, as well as for helping small trucking operations track assets.
As a Product Designer at Samsara, you will design features and user interfaces that our customers use every day to run their infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who is excited to shape the experience of our products for people across the country. This involves talking to users, working with engineers and product managers to understand problems, rapidly designing and iterating on mocks and user flows, and communicating ideas effectively to stakeholders. You will own the entire design process but also have other designers to collaborate with to ensure a consistent and cohesive product experience.
You might work on:
- A dashboard for customers to optimize fuel usage over a fleet of vehicles that drives a million miles per week
- A mobile app that eliminates thousands of pieces of paper logs for each individual customer by letting drivers log and certify hours electronically
- An internet-connected dashcam product that improves fleet safety by preventing accidents, coaching unsafe drivers, and exonerating drivers from false complaints
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 5+ years of industry experience
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Have a portfolio showcasing excellent design skills, product thinking, and problem solving
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
- Be experienced with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be humble and motivated to ship the best product
- Demonstrate proficiency with HTML/CSS
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer: Backend (Merchant Team)
Postmates, San Francisco
Incident Response Manager, Engineering Operations
Slack, San Francisco, CA
MongoDB Database Server Engineer, Distributed Systems
MongoDB, New York City
Executive Projekt Manager (m/w)
Software Engineer - Infrastructure Backend (Univ. Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA