Samsara’s product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency at a massive scale. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision.
Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most important problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
With several positions open across our PM team, this is a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact in different aspects of the business. This may involve:
- Launching new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
- Gathering customer feedback to understand needs and prioritize feature development
- Defining metrics to track and optimize customer onboarding experience
- Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
An ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Ad Targeting
Quantcast, San Francisco
Clear Capital, Roseville, CA
New Ventures Product Manager
Zemax, Zemax HQ
Senior Product Manager - New York
Komodo Health, New York
Senior Product Manager - Pricing & Packaging
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Director of Engineering
Glossier, New York, NY