Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Are you excited to be the voice of Samsara’s technology and to help propel its rapid growth? Samsara’s innovative platform brings the benefits of sensor data to traditional industries like transportation, food production, energy, and water.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will work on:
- Deeply understanding our customers’ needs, market dynamics, and competitive landscape
- Translating product capabilities into simple, compelling messages that resonate and stories that stick, on launch days and beyond
- Producing scalable materials for end-customers and sales. These will include website updates, videos, pitch decks, event support, internal training materials, newsletters, etc.
- Partnering with the marketing team to amplify our message, drive product demand, increase product adoption & engagement, and provide customer education
- Championing our customers’ needs to inform product strategy / roadmap
- Measuring the effectiveness of our work
- Bring new products and features to market;
- Ensure that our customers adopt, engage with, and perceive value in our product;
- Enable our sales and marketing teams to bring our product story to life, across every channel, in every stage of the buyer & customer journeys
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent communication and storytelling (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
- Experience working with technical products (prior work in a technical environment, side projects hacking on arduinos, engineering coursework, or similar experience)
- 5-8 years experience in marketing, product management, or similar
- Experience in a B2B technology environment is nice to have
- Bachelor's degree or higher
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.