Samsara’s network of hardware devices delivers terabytes of data per day to our IoT platform, providing real time data to 5000+ customers worldwide, from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
With our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers can access detailed information about their commercial fleets and industrial centers. They use features like real-time GPS tracking, aggregate analytics reporting, and alerting for suspicious behavior to better understand and optimize their operations.
As a software engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will design and develop features across a broad surface area with tangible impact on active and future customers. You’ll tackle engineering challenges ranging from architecting data structures for mass data collection to presenting data analytics in intuitive and performant ways on web and mobile.
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
Full-stack engineers at Samsara have recently worked on:
- A system that optimizes routes for fleets of vehicles that drive a million miles per week
- Live rendering and animating thousands of vehicles concurrently on country-scale maps
- Video processing and automatically classifying dangerous driving behavior with our internet-connected dashboard camera
- Using driving quality metrics computed from vehicle sensor data to gamify the driver experience
- Creating a driver messaging platform end to end, from bringing up services to staged mobile app rollouts
An ideal candidate would:
- Have built or worked on production applications
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Love shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Software Developer
Unbabel, Lisbon, Portugal
Part Time Front-End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, San Francisco
Mobile Technical Project Manager
Red Ventures, Pasadena, CA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Performance Test Engineer
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Software Engineer - Applications
C3 IoT, Paris, France