Samsara’s network of hardware devices deliver data to our IoT platform. Once the data has been processed, users can access detailed information about their commercial fleets and industrial centers through our web application. Our customers use this data, which includes real-time GPS fixes, aggregated reports over weeks of data, and alerts for disallowed driver and vehicle behavior, to understand and optimize their operations.
As a software engineer focusing on full-stack at Samsara, you will design and develop features for our web platform. This involves working on our backend log-processing and data analytics systems, as well as building out new user interfaces. You’ll tackle engineering challenges ranging from aggregating data from thousands of devices and sensors to presenting the data in intuitive ways that provide actionable insights for our customers’ operations.
We use Golang for our backend, Typescript and React for our web client, GraphQL to fetch data from our backend, and React Native for our mobile app. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
You might work on:
- A dashboard for customers to optimize fuel usage over a fleet of vehicles that drives a million miles per week
- Video processing and classification features for our internet-connected dashcam product
- A service that sends scheduled customer emails by aggregating requested data, rendering HTML content using React, and using mailgun for delivery
- Our authentication system, which allows users to configure access controls for certain areas of our platform
- A mobile app that allows drivers to log daily activity and accept delivery tasks
An ideal candidate would:
- Have built or worked on production applications
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier to manage
- Love shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Security Operations Analyst II (non-shift work)
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
Emerald Cloud Lab, South San Francisco, CA
Enigma, New York, NY