Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Technical Support Specialist to support Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution.
We work with a wide range of industrial companies so our support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to assist many different types of customers.
Our ideal candidate has a strong technical background, excellent problem-solving skills, and experience in a customer-facing role. You will be supporting customers and end users in troubleshooting issues with hardware, software, operating systems, and mobile/web platforms via phone, email, and chat
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, and even theater lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full-time position at our office in San Francisco : Tuesday-Sunday 1:00pm-10:00pm & Saturday-Thursday 1:00 pm- 10:00 pm
In this role you will:
- Provide daily support to users of Samsara solutions through answering questions, analyzing issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, teammates, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain detailed records of daily interactions with customers and resolution to problems.
- Maintain a high level of personal productivity, focused on responding quickly and effectively to customers via phone and chat.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College degree. A degree in engineering or technical field of study is preferred
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in a technology environment
- Experience installing and/or assisting customers with maintaining hardware, software, and web-based applications is a plus.
- Interest in increasing technical skills through daily interactions, personal development, and guided training.
- A passion for solving problems and ensuring a positive customer experience
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Able to provide step-by-step technical help, both verbal and written.
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Able to work flexible hours - may include weekends and holidays
- Spanish/Bilingual is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.