Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
TPMs at Samsara are the linchpins of our most complex programs - driving strategic and tactical initiatives to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. You will partner closely with our firmware teams to plan and drive development for new hardware programs. This includes developing upfront milestone+date based plans, partnering with product managers and engineering managers to align with key program milestones, and most importantly provide thought leadership as we navigate the surprises and course corrections inherent to firmware/ software programs. This position is on the firmware team, focused on firmware programs for Cameras and AI/ML features for our cameras:
- Drive the execution of critical firmware programs as they relate to firmware / software strategic initiatives in the areas of cameras and AI/ML.
- Work with engineering leadership, product management and operations to develop robust project plans for complex multi quarter firmware programs. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
- Develop processes and tools to organize execution and track progress.
- Work with stakeholders to keep priorities clear and enable the engineering teams to focus on projects that drive the most business value.
- Communicate broadly to engineering and senior leadership on goals, progress, and process efficiencies.
- Champion and role model Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Has experience leading firmware teams to deliver highly complex projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Is able to communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to diverse audiences.
- Operates autonomously in situations of ambiguity with high level direction.
- Has 5+ years of experience specific to firmware (development, project management, etc) and 3+ years of experience in program or project management.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
The social news and entertainment company.