Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations.
Samsara is hiring a Demand and Supply Planner to oversee the hardware demand and supply management process. The Demand and Supply Planner will manage the collaborative demand planning and forecasting process by working with Sales, Sales Operations, Strategic Finance, Supply Chain and Business Operations teams, and provide technical data analysis to inform real-time decision-making. As an experienced member on the team, you will drive planning strategy, build relationships, and deliver to the business OKRs. This is a highly visible role that offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will improve customer service levels while minimizing inventory costs. This role will be based in our SF office when we reopen in July 2021.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Product and business unit leadership to establish an executable demand plan that supports the company’s strategic direction in the Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment process.
- Communicate to leadership regarding the health of demand, changes in business trends, and risks & opportunities to the operating plan.
- Provide input to developing demand planning strategies on existing products, new product transitions, and product EOL.
- Analyze, communicate, and monitor the impacts of demand changes to the Supply Chain and Operations teams.
- Drive improvements to the forecasting process by developing rigorous analyses using historical data and in-depth knowledge of the business, changing the forecast model to meet business needs as required.
- Provide accountability to the demand management processes by reporting performance metrics, improvements, and monitoring historical performance.
- Evolve operating procedures for supply-demand process and business systems. Proactively drive operational improvements.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent data analysis and modeling skills. Knowledge of Python preferred.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, Salesforce, Tableau, Planning Systems and programming capabilities.
- Deals with ambiguity, changing priorities and business volatility.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Sees the big picture while paying attention to detail.
- A proactive, positive approach to problem solving.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, or Economics. MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years (or 6+ with Masters) of combined experience in Consulting and Supply Chain planning, demand planning or forecasting processes.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos