Samsara’s product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency at a massive scale. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision.
Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most important problems we could solve for, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
This is a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact in different aspects of the business. This may involve:
- Gathering customer feedback to understand needs and prioritize API roadmap with Engineering
- Evangelizing Samsara technologies to build strong developer communities
- Optimizing developer experience including onboarding, documentation, tools and support
- Engaging with key technology partners on integrations
- Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts
An ideal candidate has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines
- Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful
- Prior experience building developer platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Engineer - San Francisco
Algolia, San Francisco
Product Manager - Construction Records Controls
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, International Markets
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Sr. Product Manager, Licensing System
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
Partnerships Manager, Fraud & Identity
Lyft, San Francisco, CA