Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
The Business Operations team’s mandate is to partner cross-functionally to realize growing revenue targets, to scale the organization sustainably, and to address new business opportunities and challenges. The Sales Planning team is responsible for determining the optimal quotas for each of our business segments that will support our revenue growth and working cross-functionally. This team also works closely with Strategic Finance on long-term financial planning including revenue forecasting and cost efficiency.
In this role, you will:
- Lead analytics on sales team performance and quota attainment, then partner with Sales Leadership to plan and advise on quota coverage, headcount, and sales compensation to support our growth plans
- Partner with Strategic Finance on company financial forecasts, providing inputs on sales productivity, sales performance, and cost of sale trends
- Oversee the operations of deploying, updating, and administrating sales plan components in our systems and working cross functionally with Sales Operations, Sales Compensation, and People Ops
- Scale business reviews and sales planning effectiveness by developing new processes with Sales Leadership and cross functional partners to establish quotas
- Partner across the Sales teams to understand headcount requirements as well as organizational changes. Build scenarios and models to guide annual planning.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 2-5 years of experience in a consulting, finance, Business Operations, Sales Operations or other analytical role
- Kind and collaborative orientation who is energized by working with a lot of different types of people from many teams
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects on a tight deadline
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with executives (EVP of Sales, Sales VPs, Sales Directors) and cross-functional partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity and an enthusiasm for improving efficiencies
- Comfort with analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and willingness to expand skill set to tackle new problems. Experience with Salesforce is nice to have
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world