Senior Manager, Product Management
Samsara, Bay Area, Atlanta, or Remote - US/Canada
See jobs at Samsara
Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a Senior Manager of Product Management, you will be responsible for driving transformational initiatives across both business and IT. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams on large, highly complex projects. As a member of the Samsara IT Leadership team, the Senior Manager is an experienced thought leader that drives complex, transformational solution opportunities which will deliver value to our customers.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the product management team in defining the future-state portfolio vision and supporting roadmap for Global Customer Support business organization.
- Works across internal stakeholders at all levels to gain alignment
- Establish KPIs and metrics across the team to measure product performance
- Perform all people management functions: performance reviews, staff calls, 1x1’s, recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, career development, talent retention, and motivation, etc
- Own engineering delivery as needed by the product requirements, and establish funding and resource plan to execute
- Partner with other IT and Business managers across the organization to ensure interdependencies between teams are closely managed and to leverage expertise and skills from other teams as needed
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and develop and deliver engaging presentations that influence and persuade leadership on recommendations
- Review program requirements, deployment plans/launch orchestration plans and provide appropriate recommendations to improve quality, de-risk, or pre-empt issues
- Continually challenge the current model and methods: track productivity and quality metrics, come up with creative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team for continuous improvement
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in product management, software engineering, and/or program management or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in implementing call center applications that provide superior Customer and Agent Experience
- 4+ years managerial/leadership experience
- Experience in defining long-term strategic plans then putting them into action
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and succeed partnering and driving virtual (globally distributed) teams with proven knowledge in depth and experience leveraging agile development practices (Scrum, Pivotal Labs, SAFE, etc) while assigning roles and coaching employees for optimal team performance/dynamics
- Demonstrated accomplishments managing projects and software development delivery teams working with diverse technology stacks (custom development, package integration) in the delivery of large-scale and complex projects
- Notable oral and written communication skills, remarkable analytic, problem-solving, negotiation, and prioritization skills
- Experience leading cross-functional agile teams using appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality and ensuring quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in leading teams to implement Salesforce or any other modern CRM technologies
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.