Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class hardware and software support experience to our customers. You will be a part of our Tier 2 support team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization. You will be responsible for resolving complex customer problems and improving support across all teams. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with other support engineers in multiple support locations to serve our customers and troubleshoot complex issues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience in a technical support role, proven customer-facing skills, and strong communication skills. You understand the day-to-day aspects of customer support including managing tickets, building knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to Engineering and PM teams.
In this role, you will:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across multiple industries.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to help enhance the customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, and Win as a Team as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in support, engineering, or other technical role
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Salesforce
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a big plus
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to influence individual contributors and leaders across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you can speak both Engineer and Human
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to work flexible hours during nights and weekends is preferred
- Spanish speaker or bilingual is a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS