Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst, you will be a shared owner of the vision for Samsara’s financial systems. You will be responsible for becoming a go SME for our business partners, initiating and delivering on large and complex projects, and providing key mentorship to more junior BSAs. As we are a lean team we’ll expect you to roll your sleeves up and help with support particularly during month/ quarter end also spending time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. This role will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other BSAs within Samsara on strategic projects.
This role can be office-based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and collaborate effectively with key ICs and leaders across Finance, IT, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, FPA, and more to solve key business challenges through implementing best practice solutions which can include process change, configuration, and/or customization.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work to provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions.
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and analyze business requirements to identify functional scope. Able to identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change even going against the grain (as needed).
- Drive design and system configuration within NetSuite, and other key financial systems.
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify opportunities that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting.
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards that improves the team and our users’ experience while delivering long term scalability.
- Assist in the ongoing administration of NetSuite and other finance systems as part of a team effort -- create/ modify user roles and permissions, item configuration, workflows, custom fields, custom records, dashboards, advanced templates, multibook entities, searches, reporting changes, related administration duties, etc.
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations.
- Support for key month/ quarter end close processes (on call).
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Finance, CS, or other technical and analytical fields.
- Minimum 5 years (7 preferred) of relevant experience with the Netsuite platform.
- Netsuite ERP certification and/ or CPA (strongly preferred).
- Experience with designing and supporting integrations between Netsuite and other business systems like Salesforce, Concur, Adaptive, HRIS systems etc.
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes (preferred).
- Experience with subscription models, and recurring billing systems.
- Strong understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash, Record-to-Report).
- Proficient in accounting, from T accounts to double entry bookkeeping to multi-entity multi-currency consolidation and beyond.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Prior knowledge and experience working in sprints and following Agile method.
- Ideal candidate is able to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL able to create and review sql intermediate to complex queries.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.