Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Senior Software engineer to join the Enterprise Mobility Management team, which is part of the Connected Driver product group. In this role, you will help define the architecture and implementation of our brand new full stack product and contribute to the future of Samsara’s mobile device ecosystem.
This team is responsible for building new features that enable our customers across all industries to easily manage their mobile devices and apps, along with integrating with existing Samsara features to create novel integrations to optimize the safety and efficiency of employees. Long term, the team’s north star is to create a native mobile platform that can integrate with Samsara’s existing hardware products across our whole Connected Operations Platform (Fleet Management, Connected Sites, and more).
This team is also responsible for building a world class native Android Software Development Kit (SDK) to enable customers to directly access and integrate data from Samsara into their homegrown apps. This SDK will integrate directly with Samsara’s hardware products and distributed backend systems, providing real-time data streaming for customers to build integrations and apps that are optimized for their ecosystem.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, implement, and maintain systems that enable our customers to manage Android devices throughout their operations.
- Build full-stack features that drive the growth of our product and business, and make customers happy.
- Help mentor, develop, and support other engineers on the team.
- Build and iterate on new Android applications that integrate with existing Samsara hardware to optimize the safety and efficiency of drivers and employees.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience building customer-facing applications
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals
- Experience working on large-scale, distributed software applications
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with on Android launcher applications
- Experience contributing to mobile SDKs
- Enjoys understanding users and what would make their day to day processes easier
- Loves the challenge of working on mission-critical applications that operate on real-time data
- Loves shipping high-quality features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email accessibleinterview[email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.